Monday, June 20, 2011

New Challenge for me as mom, schooling....whats a mom to do

Each day as a Mom, I enter new adventures, joys, and journies in life. The kids get bigger and I develop a new outlook on life. Which brings me to my new journey, which I am very eager to conquer.

My oldest, Sydney will be going into fourth grade and Jules first grade. I find myself asking how in the world could I have had two kids who look so much alike yet are t-totally different? Sydney, well she is just Sydney. She goes for comfort, more high strung, on the wild side, and is a follower. Jules on the other hand, is more of a fru-fru girlie girl, laid back but senstive, and is a leader.

Jules does very well in school, she loves to read and reads on a second grade level. Sydney on the other hand, has to work hard to stay caught up in reading yet in math, she whizzes through. Reading has been a struggle for her since Kindergarten, so knowing how she struggled I vowed that Jules would read before she started school, and she was. As we have went through these years throughout school working diligently year, after year it never got easier. THen I start reviewing cirriculam's that are used in school. The cirriculam that they use in school is considered spiral based learning. You are taught a new concept and then throughout the year they add to that concept. Well, if you dont get a grasp on the first concept how can you add to it? For most kiddos, they are able to simply learn and go on which has not been tha case for mine. We seen week by week that peers in school, just arent what they were like back in the day. Kids today are around much different in the aspect they are expected to 'grow up' act grown up, get there now, work harder, do it faster, do it better. Their little lives are very stressful.That doesnt even touch the surface of what children are exposed to in this big ugly world. And what do we have to look forward to ?? MIddle School! Ick! I have dreaded it for my children, almost since I was there!!! I hated it! What is a mother to do???

After prayer, for an extended amount of time.. here was my answer

Isaiah 54:13-14 "all your children should be taught by The Lord, and great shall be the peace of your children. In righteousness you shall be established youshall be far from oppresion for you shall not fear"

Ok Lord, I understand, and I understand that my children dont recieve anytype of biblical education in school because of the seperation of church and state. I am worried, that I cannot provide them quality education and christian education is expensive and would require like 3 hours driving per day.

Deuteronomy 6:6-9 "and these words I command you today shall be in your heart; you shall team them diligently to your children and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up"

Then.. Lord I kinda get what you are getting at but, I would be minority, society doesnt view homeschooling well, wouldnt they be behind socially, what about ball games prom...blah blah blah

and then.. Romans 12:2 "do not be conformed to this world but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God"

and then... Yes, Lord. I will.

I have been called to homeschool my girls. Not everyone is called to do this. And its not for everyone. But, I have. I am nervous, anxious, excited, scared, and still joyful for the opprotunity its alot of mixed emotion.

Its so hard in todays world, to find the balance. I am humbled that Gods sees my capability and desires me to be the one to provide for these precious girls he has leant me. And I will do my very best to provide what God wants, until HE sees fit for something different.

Its offical, not only am I a stay at home mommy but Beginning August 2011, a homeschooling mom,

No comments:

Post a Comment